What is a Cookie?
A “Cookie” is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web server. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the Cookie to you. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer.
Cookies typically fall into the following categories:
- A First-Party Cookie refers to a Cookie created by the domain of the website the user is visiting.
- A Third-Party Cookie is a Cookie that is placed by a domain other than that of the website the user is visiting.
- A Session Cookie is temporary, linking the actions of a user during the any given browser session. When the browser is closed, the cookie is deleted.
- A Permanent Cookie, also known as a persistent Cookie, is stored for a specific period of time and activates each time the user visits the website that created the Cookie.
A “Web Beacon” (also called a “pixel tag” or “clear GIF”) is a piece of computer code that enables us to monitor user activity and website traffic.
Types of Pixels tags commonly used are as follows:
- Essential - used to help you move around the website and use basic functions. If these are disabled you may not be to use all functions of the website.
- Advertising - Used to deliver advertisements (ads) more relevant to you. They will also limit the number of times you might see a specific ad as well as measure the effectiveness of the ad campaign. They remember your device's visit to the website and help us to understand what products and services interest you the most. This allows us to better tailor ads to your interests.
- Analytics - Used to measure website traffic, sessions, time on page and other metrics tied to actions taken across the website. This allows us to improve the overall user experience on our site.
To learn more about Cookies, web beacons, and other data collection technology, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
The Cookies and Web Beacons we use may include, but are not limited to, the following:
|Adobe Test and Target||Used to provide a custom user experience||Advertising||Third- Party|
|Google Adwords||Used to market to users on Google products||Advertising||Third- Party|
|Bing Ads||Used to market to users on Microsoft products||Advertising||Third- Party|
|Quantcast||Used for off domain advertisements||Advertising||Third- Party|
|Google Analytics||Measures web traffic and activity – syncs with Google marketing products||Analytics||Third- Party|
|Omniture / Adobe Analytics||Measures web traffic and activity – syncs with Adobe Experience Cloud||Analytics||Third- Party|
|Decibel Insight||Tool for User Experience testing/measurement||Analytics||Third- Party|
|Symantec||SSL Certificate||Essential||First- Party|
|Adobe Dynamic Tag Manager||Facilitates sitewide tag placement and management||Essential||Third- Party|
Please note that the Pixels and Cookies we use may change from time to time. Additionally, note that if you disable certain cookies, you may not be able to use all of the functions within the Services.
PenFed will treat any Personal Information collected through our use of Data Collection Technology in accordance with our privacy notices or policies which are available on our website at https://www.penfed.org/privacy-policy and https://www.penfed.org/gdpr.
Cookies can be managed through browser settings. Please note that if you choose to decline or block cookies by adjusting your browser settings, some or all of the Sites may not be functional or accessible to you.