No monthly service fees with daily balance or monthly direct deposit of $500 or more
Where’s an ATM when you need it? Get access to our network of Allpoint and CO-OP ATMs, giving you access to more machines than the leading banks.
Safety & Security
With PenFed's $0 Liability Policy on unauthorized purchases and chip-enabled cards, PenFed knows security. We started PenFed to serve those who protect us, and we’re committed to protecting you.
Our overdraft protection is a line of credit and is subject to credit approval.
PenFed digital wallet allows you to pay safely and securely from your iPhone, Android, or Samsung phone. Wherever you go, take your bank account with you. We want you to keep moving forward.
Access America Checking earns you more
As an Access America Checking account holder, you can earn 2% cash back on everything you purchase with a PenFed Power Cash Rewards Visa Signature® card
Wherever you go,
take PenFed with you!
When will I receive my debit card?
Your debit card will arrive within 5 to 7 business days after your account is opened.
How can I deposit funds into my account?
1. Electronic Funds Transfer - You can initiate an electronic funds transfer at PenFed to deposit funds from an external bank account. All you need is the ABA routing number and account number of the other institution. PenFed’s routing number is 256078446.
2. Mobile Deposit – You can download our mobile app and use Mobile Deposit.
3. Internal Transfer from your PenFed account.
4. Mail - You can mail in a check (with your account number written on the check) to: PenFed, Box 247009, Omaha, NE, 68124-7009.
How can I withdraw money from my account?
You can withdraw money from your account in the following ways:
- No-fee cash withdrawals at + ATMs through Allpoint Network, CO-OP Shared Branch Networks and PenFed Branches in the US
- Use your debit card for purchases
- Online transfer to an external bank account
- Use online bill pay
- Write a check
- Wire transfer
Are there any requirements to earning dividends?
You will earn dividends with recurring direct deposits of $500 or more on a daily balance of up to $ using the following tiers:
Annual Percentage Yield
$0 - $
$ or more, up to $
When will I start to earn dividends on my deposit?
You will start to earn dividends on the business day you initiate your deposit at PenFed.
How are dividends on my deposits calculated?
Dividends are compounded daily and paid monthly.
Does my checking account provide the option to enroll in overdraft protection?
Yes, you can link your checking account to an Overdraft Line of Credit if you qualify. As this is a line of credit, it is subject to credit approval.
How can I order checks?
You can order checks online, by phone or in the branches. Your first set of 50 checks will be delivered for free within 7 to 10 business day after the order has been placed.
Do I get any special benefits for being an Access America Checking Account holder?
Yes, as an Access America Checking Account holder, you are exclusively eligible to earn 2% cash back on all purchases using PenFed’s ower Cash Rewards VISA Signature® Card.
Why choose PenFed?
As an 85 year old Financial Institution, we’ve stood by our members through thick and thin. We’re not just a credit union. We’re your partner. Becoming a PenFed member means never facing a financial decision alone.