Getting pre-qualified for a mortgage allows you to shop for a new home with confidence. It can help you narrow your home search to only those that fit your loan amount need. And it demonstrates to sellers and REALTORS® that you are serious about purchasing a home.
Use the affordability calculator to determine how much you should spend on a home. Or call PenFed and answer a few simple questions to see what your mortgage options are.
Do Your Research
Get an idea of the kind of loan you might want. Consider:
- Conventional fixed-rate mortgage
- Conventional adjustable-rate mortgage
- VA fixed-rate mortgages, if you qualify
- Jumbo mortgages, if applicable
Gather Your Paperwork
Having your most up-to-date documents on hand will help the process go smoothly. Some of the documents you might need are:
- Pay stubs
- W-2 information
- Tax returns (particularly if you are self-employed)
- Bank statements
- Information on other assets (retirement or mutual funds, stocks, etc.)
PenFed Is Here to Help
Call 800-970-7766 to complete your pre-qualification today.