Beat the Memorial Day Crowds With the PenFed Car Buying Service
Don’t waste your Memorial Day weekend shuffling through showroom crowds or haggling with a car dealer over the best holiday weekend deal on a new car. As a member of PenFed, you have access to a much smarter and more convenient way to buy a car—the PenFed Car Buying Service, powered by TrueCar.
The PenFed Car Buying Service lets you research, find, and purchase a new or used car from the comfort of your own home—and no more haggling in the showroom. It’s truly the no-hassle way to buy a car from the comfort of your home.
Benefits of using a car buying service
- Find the right car. Not sure what you’re looking for yet? Use the Car Buying Service to research new and used vehicles to find the right match, all the way down to the options and packages you want. Use the powerful search filters to search and sort by the features you want.
- Find the best deal. How much should you pay for your car? What’s a good deal, and what’s not? The Car Buying Service lets you see how much other car shoppers in your area are paying for similar cars. When you use the PenFed Car Buying Service, you get access to PenFed’s competitive interest rates and financing; it’s all part of the package. For example, PenFed is currently offering as low as 0.99% APR financing on new and used car loans when the vehicle is purchased through the Car Buying Service.
- Dodge haggling at the dealership. Hate to bargain? Then don’t—you can handle the entire process online with no hassle. It’s all online, from researching safety information, reviews, and photos and videos of your prospective purchase, to receiving negotiated price quotes from dealers in your area.
Save money, easy financing
When you’re ready to buy, the Car Buying Service helps you save a significant amount on your purchase. PenFed members save an average of $3,221* off the price of a new car by using the PenFed Car Buying Service. You’ll save on your PenFed auto loan financing, too, with a special discount for using the Car Buying Service.
As a PenFed Car Buying Service customer, you’ll get access to other discounts, including free CARFAX® reports on most used cars to help you make a decision on a used car purchase.
If you use the Car Buying Service, purchase through a certified dealer, and register your purchase with TrueCar, you also become eligible for TrueCar Buyer’s Bonus benefits at no cost. All you have to do to claim these free bonus benefits is report your purchase from a certified dealer within 45 days to enjoy these benefits:
- Automobile Deductible Reimbursement: (valued at up to $1,000) reimburses what you’ve paid for your insurance deductible when you file a claim. Reimbursements cover up to $500 two times per year. (Not available in New Hampshire or New York.)
- Auto Expert Opinion: lets you speak directly with a certified mechanic to discuss your questions about recommended repairs and cost, or evaluating sounds your car is making. Another nice feature—you get unlimited use of this service.
Save time and money with PenFed
Ready to get back to enjoying your Memorial Day weekend without wasting time queuing up for holiday car sales specials? Lower your purchase price, secure competitive financing, and find exactly the right car with the PenFed Car Buying Service.
Rate and offer current as of May 1, 2016 and are subject to change. Promotional rate is not available to refinance existing PenFed car loans.
*Between 4/1/14 and 6/30/14, the average estimated savings off MSRP presented by TrueCar Certified Dealers to users of TrueCar powered websites, based on users who configured virtual vehicles and subsequently purchased a new vehicle of the same make and model listed on the certificate from Certified Dealers, was $3,221, including applicable vehicle specific manufacturer incentives. Your actual savings may vary based on multiple factors including the vehicle you select, region, dealer, and applicable vehicle specific manufacturer incentives which are subject to change. The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (“MSRP”) is determined by the manufacturer, and may not reflect the price at which vehicles are generally sold in the dealer’s trade area as not all vehicles are sold at MSRP. Each dealer sets its own pricing. TrueCar and PenFed Credit Union do not broker, sell, or lease motor vehicles.