What to know before traveling
- Go to your airline’s or hotel’s website to learn about refund options, waiver policies and more under the COVID-19 and Travel Alerts/Advisory sections.
- Check your airline's website to find out if your flight will be delayed or canceled.
- Check your airport to find out if they have specific travel advice for travelers. During times of travel disruption, allow plenty of time to get to the airport.
- Please check on advisories or restrictions from the U.S. State Department and U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention before traveling.
How to change or cancel your travel plans due to Coronavirus/COVID-19:
We highly recommend you start with contacting your travel provider as many airlines and hotels are letting customers change travel to and from areas impacted by COVID-19.
Your travel provider may be able to resolve your opportunity in a few minutes or hours, where it can sometimes take a month or so to resolve a transaction dispute.
Changing or canceling trips booked using your PenFed Credit or Debit Card:
If you used your PenFed credit or debit card to book travel directly with an airline, hotel or other travel or experience provider, the quickest way to find out if you can change your travel plans without a penalty is to check the provider’s website.
- Go to your airline, hotel, car rental agency or other travel provider’s website to check the most updated cancellation options and rescheduling policies. Policies may change or be added at any time, so check for updates.
- Follow the travel provider’s process to cancel or reschedule your booking. Providers may be experiencing high call volumes, so check their website for options to cancel or rebook online.
- If your trip has been canceled and you’re unable to get help after contacting your travel provider, you can submit a billing dispute via PenFed Online under your Credit or Debit Card account action menu. Note, if your trip is more than 30 days away and you’re not sure if it will still take place, contact us closer to your trip date as it may change between now and then.
Please refer to the CDC for the latest information on COVID-19.
Additional questions or concerns
We recognize the impact the COVID-19 virus is having on our members, and we are committed to supporting you. If you are encountering any financial concerns with your accounts, please contact us - we’re standing by to assist you.